Pianos are one of the most difficult things to move, especially if you have never moved one before. Luckily, Long Beach Movers has extensive experience with moving these and other large musical instruments. We will make moving your piano as safe and simple as possible, whether it is a small upright or a giant grand piano.
All of our moves start with an estimate. While piano moving does have a flat fee, we have to survey the details of the residence and the piano itself in order to tell you what that fee will be. Stairs, elevators, and other factors may change the flat fee, as the more complicated the move is, the more time it will take and the more people it will require.
On your moving day Long Beach Movers will bring blankets and shrink wrap to protect your piano from scuffs. We usually remove the legs from a grand piano, before placing it on the piano skid board. From there, it is placed on a dolly, where it is then moved into the truck. It is strapped in to protect it during transport. When we get to the specified location, all steps are done in reverse. Please find the usual rates for piano transportation below:
- Spinet/Studio/Console Piano, flat surface: $600 (2 Movers)
- Full Upright/Antique Piano, flat surface: $700 (3 Movers)
- Grand Piano, flat surface: $700 (3 movers)
- Spinet/Studio/Console Piano, 10 step stairs: $800 (3 Movers)
- Full Upright Piano, 10 step stairs: $900 (4 movers)
- Grand Piano, 10 step stairs: $900 (4 movers)